Industrial floor coating is not only functional but also adds aesthetic to a building. A shiny floor says that a business is dedicated to design and cleanliness and can reflect in the way they take care of their customers and deliver their goods and services.
There are different floor coatings available on the market. What you choose, however, should satisfy four key considerations.
- Safety for everyone. It must not be too slippery that causes falls, or uneven that causes trips or slips. It must not allow liquid to pool, either, and cause structural damage and foster bacterial growth.
- Appealing aesthetics. As previously mentioned, a clean and polished flooring reflects good business practices.
- Cleanliness that increases aesthetics and promotes a healthy and disease-free environment. No one wants to do business in a building that shows cracked flooring and unsightly stains.
- A well-maintained flooring that needs less maintenance yet saves cleaning and replacement costs and lasts longer.
The last consideration seems impossible to find. Is there such an industrial floor coating that is low maintenance yet long lasting?
Yes, there is.
What is it?
It is a thermosetting resin that is applied on concrete flooring as a protective and decorative coating. It is a popular industrial floor coating because of its strong and durable nature.
It uses a combination of resins and hardeners that forms a rigid plastic material when mixed together and then chemically react. The resulting material is a durable, resistant, and strong coating that bonds extremely well to a range of base layers. This is why epoxy flooring systems are often used in heavy traffic areas, such as sports facilities, hospitals, industrial environments, garages, and hangars.
What are the Types of Epoxy Flooring Systems?
- Self-leveling epoxy floors are applied over concrete floors that are old, cracked, or damaged. This creates a durable, seamless, and smooth flooring surface. It is low maintenance too.
- Epoxy mortar floors are the strongest epoxy flooring available because these are made with 100% solid epoxy. To create a seamless system, this flooring system is graded sand or quartz sand.
- Quartz-filled epoxy floors use a combination of epoxy polymer resin and colored quartz grains. The result is an epoxy flooring system that is durable, decorative, sanitary, and slip-resistant.
- Anti-static epoxy floors contain a conductive material that prevents any potential discharge or static electricity from causing damage to electronics.
- Epoxy flake floors combine epoxy with color chips or flakes to create a surface that is multicolored and vibrant. The surface is resilient and seamless too.
Each type is best used for specific areas. Consult with a professional installer for guidance.
What are the Benefits of Epoxy Flooring?
- Adds aesthetic appeal to commercial and industrial areas, especially with an epoxy coating with colored microchips.
- Creates a smooth and resilient surface that is resistant to abrasion and chemicals.
- Adds durability and strength to flooring in high-traffic commercial and industrial applications.
- Requires little maintenance to make the industrial floor coating last a lifetime.
With these advantages, it is easy to see why epoxy flooring systems are a big hit.
WICR Waterproofing & Decking is Southern California’s premiere waterproofing and decking specialist covering Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. We are trained by all the major manufacturers of waterproofing systems, so that we can install or repair any waterproofing project. Please visit us at www.WICRWaterproofing.com